by bobby williams
Just a few days ago, we celebrated Jesus as the risen Savior. The funny thing is, He is still risen. And good for us no doubt.
We put a LOT of energy into preparing for Easter, inviting people, making sure everything is perfect and for good reason; Good Friday and Easter were rather special here at the Ridge (more on that in a bit).
But let’s not forget we have RISEN Savior today, tomorrow, the next day and even next week. He is alive! And there is not a day that we gather as a church that the truth of that is not being preached and told. Maybe you’ve not noticed, but I just keep preaching the same sermon to us each Sunday, just in different words. Each Sunday, we open the scriptures and we preach a resurrected Jesus. Without that, a sermon is empty and just good advice.
So make no mistake Ridge Church; Easter is special. But let’s not forget the very reason we celebrate Easter is something we can celebrate every week and every day. And that friends, is GOOD NEWS.
Easter at Ridge Church
Take a few moments today and celebrate with me what God did here at Ridge Church from Good Friday through Easter Sunday. It was an epic weekend!
- I (Bobby) met two families here to ride ATVs at Wind Rock from Georgia and Indiana. They did not know one another, but happened to both stay at the Doubletree and were directed to come here for church!
- At Good Friday, there were nearly 200 people here to worship and participate in the prayer walk! It was the biggest Night of Worship to date. There were so many people here we literally could not hold them all.
- There were many who came to Good Friday that returned and brought people with them on Sunday! I met a new couple Sunday who said they came to Good Friday and came back on Sunday, brought friends with them, because they couldn’t get enough
- The prayer walk was something many had never done, but when all was said and done, I heard how impacting it was to everyone that went through it
- On Easter Sunday, there were 419 people here! This church started with 13 people…that’s pretty cool.
- More important than the # of people here, there were people who gave their lives to Jesus and others that repented of their sins and stopped running for God’s love for them. That’s the BEST
- I talked to SO MANY people that were here because so many of you initiated conversations with them, walked them, prayed with them and continued to engage them (some for a LONG time!) in conversation. You didn’t just invite them to church to get them here, you invested in them. That’s awesome! Keep it up!
Easter 2015 will be one we never forget. But Ridge Church, the best is yet to come. Jesus ain’t done yet!
Don’t forget to look at all the Ridge pictures on Instagram!