by bobby williams
In case you missed it (not sure how that happened- we messed up somewhere!) but today is CHRISTMAS EVE EVE in Oak Ridge and for Ridge Church, it’s the night of the year we celebrate together the birth of Jesus.
The sound system is all wired up, the garland is hung, instruments are tuned, the message is hot n’ ready, and all of our amazing Ridge volunteers are ready to rock tonight. We hope you’ll be there too. Read more
by bobby williams
Christmas Eve Eve is almost upon us! We have been planning, praying and preparing for months for you and this Wednesday night.
It’s going to be an incredible night of music, friends, family, fun and a whole lot of celebrating the birth of Christ together. We really do hope you’re making plans to be at the Grove Theater with us at 7pm Wednesday, December 23.
As a church, we have been doing a Christmas Eve Eve service since before we officially launched as a church. Our very first Christmas, and several years after, right before we officially launched our church, we did an Eve Eve service called Christmas Rock Night. That very first Rock Night had about 25 people in attendance. The Grove holds hundreds more than that and we are praying that it is STANDING ROOM ONLY this Christmas.
We believe God is more than able to do this. But we also know He uses you and I to be the feet to take the message out.
Here are a few things you can do to help:
- Post an open invite on your Facebook page today. If you want, just copy and paste this: To all my friends and family: This Wednesday night, I’m going to a Christmas service at the Grove Theater at 7pm. I’m pretty excited about it but nothing would make me happier than some of you (or all of you!) would come with me. Help make my day…who’s coming with me?
- Copy and paste the photo below on Instagram:
- Send a text message to a friend, family member, bff, or whomever and say: Let’s go to the Christmas service at the Grove Theater Wednesday night. Starts at 7pm. Come with me
- Direct message 3 friends on Facebook and say: Hey! I’m going to the Christmas service at the Grove Theater Wednesday night at 7pm. Will you come with me?
Here is all the graphics you’ll need for inviting others to Christmas Eve Eve Read more
Take a minute to catch all that is happening today and this week at Ridge Church! Including sermon notes, songs sung by the Ridge band, and announcements for this coming week.
- December 23rd, join us at the Grove Theater in Oak Ridge for Christmas Eve Eve services! It’s a Very Merry Oak Ridge Christmas and we would love for you to join us! They’ll be hot drinks, a selfie booth, great Christmas music, a message perfect for the season- and maybe even Santa will show up for some fun. Doors open at 6:30pm and the service begins at 7pm. Check out OakRidgeChristmas.com for more information
- There will NO RIDGE CHURCH SERVICES DECEMBER 27th. Enjoy the Sunday with your family, rest and be ready to be back with us the first Sunday of January at 9am and 11am.
- Although there are no services December 27th, tune in to our website to watch a special message from pastor Bobby via video RidgeChurch.cc
- Join us for a Digital Mission Trip this Tuesday from 6pm to 7pm. We will be flooding the internet with invites for the Eve Eve service. We will provide special posts, emails, graphics and snacks! Bring your digital device of choice and we’ll provide all needed tools. More Info: Digital Mission Trip
Sermon Notes and Scripture
Today’s sermon is week 2 of our series, Advent 2015: How to Worship This Christmas
How can we worship this Christmas?
- Start with a real desire
- Expect God to show up
- Choose to express joy
- Humble ourselves
- Come with gifts
- Take a next step
At Ridge Church, we exist to be a reflection of the Gospel so that those far from God will be awakened to new life in Christ. Every time you give at Ridge Church, you are giving to this vision and the mission is being accomplished in part due to your generosity. Thank you.
You can give safely and securely, by visiting RidgeGive.com
- Sing to the King (Billy Foote)
- Love Goes On (Hillsong Young & Free)
- Go Tell It On The Mountain (David Crowder Band)
- Praise Has Come (Hillsong Worship)
- How Great Is Our God (Chris Tomlin)
by bobby williams
Have you ever wanted to go on a mission trip but thought, “How am I going to be able to be away from my family, job and responsibilities for a week? How can I raise the money I need to go?” These are just a few things that can keep people from going on a mission trip.
That’s no longer the case. At least not next week.
Tuesday night, December 15th, join us a for Digital Mission Trip here at Ridge Church.
A digital mission trip is a time where we will flood the internet, your friends, family and people you’re connected with on social media with invites to our Christmas Eve Eve service coming up December 23. All you need is a phone, tablet or computer and about 30 minutes of time.
We will provide all the tools necessary like:
- Posts for your Facebook page
- An Eve Eve cover photo for Facebook
- A new profile picture for your media pages
- Pre-written emails you can send to you friends and family
- Ideas for text messages you can send out
- Graphics and ideas you can post to your Instagram page
- Pizza and caffeine (because you need fuel!)
Join us Tuesday night at the Ridge at 6pm (plan on staying till 7pm)
If you’re interested in attending, let us know by clicking HERE and signing up